Here is an introductory petition to be prayed before saying the Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
Queen of the Holy Rosary,
Thou didst deign to come to Fatima to reveal to the three shepherd children the treasures of grace hidden in the Rosary.
Inspire my heart with a sincere love of this devotion, in order that by meditating on the Mysteries of our Redemption (which are recalled in it), I may be enriched by its fruits and obtain:
peace for the world,
the conversion of sinners and of Russia, and
the graces which I ask of Thee in this Rosary (here mention your request).
I ask this for the greater glory of God,
for Thine own honor, and
for the good of souls,
especially for my own.
I offer this Rosary for the purpose of knowing the Truth and obtaining contrition and pardon for my sins.
Note: It is recommended that you recite the following two (2) short prayers at the end of each Mystery:
O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to Heaven, especially those most in need of Thy mercy. Amen.
May the grace of this Mystery come down into my soul.
- The Most Holy Rosary (insightscoop.typepad.com)
- The “Wandering Mind” Rosary (iseekhim.com)
- The Daily Rosary (mundabor.wordpress.com)
- Holyland Rosary – Sorrowful Mysteries (catholicglasses.com)
- Pledge to pray daily Rosary draws 80,000 signatures (deaconjohnspace.wordpress.com)