, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

The description of a miracle, read by Fr. Benedict Groeschel from Marian Press’ book ‘John Paul II: The Great Mercy Pope’:

 The miracle.

Sister (Marie) Simon-Pierre, this is her testimony. So she wrote this around 2006:

On June 1st, I was finished. I struggled to stand and to walk. (She had Parkinson’s Disease – Severe).

On June 2nd in the afternoon, I went to find my Superior to ask her if I could leave my work. She encouraged me to endure a little bit longer until my return from Lourdes in August. And, she added, ‘John Paul has not said his last word.’

Then Mother Superior gave me a pen and told me, ‘Write: John Paul.’

It was 5 o’clock in the afternoon. With effort I wrote: ‘John Paul II.’

We remained in silence before the unintelligible letters, that day continued as usual. Because you couldn’t read what she said (she had written) because of the Parkinson’s, that’s a symptom of Parkinson’s (Disease)

At the end of evening prayer, at 9 o’clock that night, I went to my office before going to my room. I felt the need to pick up the pen and to write, just as if someone were saying to me, ‘Pick up the pen and write.’

It was between 9:30 and 9:40 at night. To my great surprise I saw that the writing was clearly legible. Not understanding anything I went to bed. Two months exactly had gone since John Paul II’s departure to the house of the Father.

I woke up at 4:30 a.m. surprised that I was able to sleep.

I lept out of bed.

My body was no longer insensitive, rigid and interiorly I was not the same.

Then, I felt an interior call and strong impulse to pray before the Blessed Sacrament.

I went down to the oratory and prayed before the Most Blesssed Sacrament.

I felt a profound peace and a sensation of well-being.Too great an experience – a mystery too great to explain.Later, before the Most Blessed Sacrament, I meditated on John Paul’s Mystery of Light (Luminous Mysteries of the Most Holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary).

At 6:30 in the morning, I went to meet with the Sisters in the Chapel for a time of prayer and then Mass.

I had to walk 50 meters and at that very time I realized, as I walked, my left arm was moving, it was not immobile against my body. I also experienced physical lightness and agility that I had not felt in a long time.During the Eucharistic Celebration, during Mass, I was full of joy and peace.

It was June 3rd the Feast of The Sacred Heart.

Coming out of Mass I was sure of my cure. My hand did not shake any more, I went to write again and at mid-day I stopped my medications.

On June 7th as planned, I went to my neurologist, my doctor for the past four years. He was surprised to see the disappearance of all the symptoms of the disease dispite my having interrupted the treatment 5 days earlier.

The next day, the Superior General ‘Entrusted an Act of Thanksgiving’ to all of our communities and the entire congregation began a thanksgiving novena to John Paul II for his cause of beatification.

Isn’t that beautiful.

It is the story of a miracle.

See Father Groeschel read these words by clicking on this link.